July 16, 2020 Update
An important video announcement from our principal, Cotton Bryan, regarding the reopening of school is here.
A transcript of the announcement is here.
July 14, 2020 Update
Governor Cooper just announced this afternoon that public schools will open under Plan B in August. He also continues to allow districts to choose more restrictive plans (Plan C). We'd like to hear from Woods parents as we finalize our plan forward. Please complete this very short survey asap.
July 9, 2020 Update
1. We are thrilled to announce that we've hired a new nurse, and her work has already commenced. (Nurse Lori Phillips retired at the end of last year.) Rachael Robinson has served as a school nurse and a pediatric hospital nurse at UNC and brings a powerful mix of calm, positivity, and expertise to her work. She's connecting with Lori to make a smooth transition and working with the admin team as we further develop protocols corresponding to Plans A and B.
2. We're still awaiting a signal from Governor Cooper as to which plan we'll start with in August. Our reopen team meets again today and next Tuesday to craft a Plan B plan that makes sense for Woods. A copy of the introductory slides to open the meeting are here.
July 6, 2020 Update
When we do return to school, we are ready with equipment and supplies to help us stay healthy. Here are some of the items that have recently arrived:
- gallons galore of hand sanitizer,
- touch-free, foot-pedal controlled hand sanitizer dispensers for each entrance,
- buckets of sanitizing wipes (EPA approved) for each classroom,
- thousands of gloves and masks,
- gowns and face shields for our nurse and nurse helpers,
- plenty of touch-free thermometers so that we can admit students quickly and efficiently (current plan calls for all students to have their temperatures taken every day before entering the school),
- floor decals that remind students of 6' social distancing.
July 1, 2020 Update
Governor Cooper was supposed to let public schools know today what plan (Plan A, B, or C) to start with in August, but he has decided to postpone his decision.
Woods families can still consult the North Carolina's Department of Public Instruction's Lighting Our Way Forward, the guiding document for all NC public schools.
June 22, 2020 Update
A video introduction to reopening plans from our principal.
North Carolina's Department of Public Instruction's Lighting Our Way Forward, the guiding document for all NC public schools. Woods will follow this plan (and craft our own specific guidelines that will extend from this document).