December 18th Update
At its December meeting the WCS Board agreed to remain in remote instruction for grades 1-12 until February 1st. If we see a substantial improvement in Covid metrics (which are currently trending in a more severe, more dangerous direction) then we would like to allow elementary students to return in February, followed two weeks later by middle school students. We would hope for high school to return at the start of the third trimester.
The WCS Board and Admin Team will monitor conditions, and the board will make a decision at its January 21st meeting.
December 8th Update
Your feedback is requested! As we continue to try to meet the needs of students and families in the midst of challenging circumstances, we would like your input on our current Plan C.
Feedback is requested by the end of the December.
Survey for Parents
Survey for Students in Grades 5-12
November 20th Update
At its meeting last night, the WCS Board voted to continue remote instruction until February 1st for grades 1-12. Kindergarten will remain on a hybrid schedule.
November 19th Update
The WCS Board held a special session last night to review survey data and deliberate on the matter of reopening. Some slides (capturing survey data and Covid metrics) from the meeting are here.
November 4th Update
The Reopening Team and the WCS Board would like to hear from our community on the subject of reopening. Please complete the relevant surveys by November 11th. (Survey takes approx. 2-3 minutes to complete.)
- If you have students in both K-5 and 6-12, then please complete separate surveys.
- If you are a WCS faculty member and a WCS parent, then please complete separate surveys (one as a parent, one as a faculty member).
- One relevant survey per parent/per student -- not one survey per household.
- Surveys ask for email address to prevent multiple submissions, but survey data will be shared anonymously with the Reopening Team and WCS Board.
The Student Survey (for students in grades 6-12)
The K-5 Parent Survey
The 6-12 Parent Survey
The Faculty Survey
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts and insight.
November 3rd Update
The Plan A/B plans that we reviewed at last night's town hall meeting are here.
A video recording of the town hall meeting is here.
October 27th Video Update
A video update from our principal, Cotton Bryan, is here.
October 19th Update
Reopening Woods ~ A Timeline for Next Steps
Please note: The Woods community is welcome to submit public comment to the Woods Board regarding the re-opening plan at any point in this process by emailing email@example.com. All comments will be shared with the re-opening committee.
Reopening Team reconvenes
A group of teachers and admin will continue to fine-tune the Plans A/B. (Draft of A/B plans is here.) Reopening Team members will seek ideas and feedback from division faculty on specific parts of the plan.
Oct. 19th – Nov. 2nd
Board Communications Committee and Admin Team revise surveys for faculty, families, students
Oct. 22nd – 30th
Faculty and Admin complete revisions of Plans A/B
Plans A/B published to families
Town Hall Meeting to “walk though” plans with Woods Community, 7:00 p.m.
Nov. 4th – 11th
New round of surveys to faculty, families, students
A similar set of questions as we have asked before, but will include surveying related to Plan A for elementary families. This time, faculty survey will link faculty to their primary division and provide a process for faculty to identify specifically if they are unable to return to school under a Plan A or B. This round will include a survey specific to students.
Friday, Nov. 13th
Survey results and current COVID metrics to WCS Board
If we are able to obtain more data on the experience of other schools that have reopened under Plan A/B then that will also be included.
Monday, Nov. 16th
Reopening Team meets to make recommendation
Wednesday, Nov. 18th
Special Session of WCS Board to consider reopening, 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 19th
Regular November WCS Board meeting, 7:00 p.m.
September 18th Update
At its September meeting, the WCS Board considered what plan (plan B or C) the school should follow after October 2nd. The Board received a recommendation from the school's Admin Team that we continue with remote instruction for grades 1-12 until Winter Break. The Board voted 3-2 to accept this recommendation.
The Principal's Board Report is here.
The excerpt that specifically addresses the issue of reopening is here.