In 2020 we installed a solar array on the roof our building. Our goals were to . . .
- save the school money by lowering our utility bill,
- reduce the school's carbon burden, and
- model sustainability for our students,
We partnered with Eagle Solar and Light for installation and management of the array.
Some things to know about our system:
- System Size: 276kw DC
- 864 panels
- Estimated Annual Production: 336,911kWh
- 25-Year Production: 7,706,570kWh
- 25-Year GHG Emission Equivalent: 5,449 metric tons
- Modeled Annual Energy Savings: $27,151
- Estimated 25-Year Savings: $798,398
- We received a rebate from the Duke Progress of $75,000 for this project.