Where did you grow up?
Buffalo, New York. (Yes, it snows a lot there!)
Where did you go to college?
- Bachelor's degree: Pennsylvania State University (French, K-12 Education)
- Master's degree: Northeastern University (English as a Second Language, K-12 Education)
- Currently pursuing a doctoral degree at the University of North Carolina (Curriculum and Instruction)
Are you a college football fan?
Nittany Lions! Let's go, PSU!
Have you taught anywhere else before coming to Woods?
I have tutored students in multiple subject areas in each grade level (K-12) and taught for ten years:
- High School ~ Pennsylvania
- Middle School ~ Connecticut
- Middle School ~ Massachusetts
- High School ~ North Carolina
Have you been to France?
Oui! Throughout high school, my family and I hosted four French exchange students which created many wonderful opportunities that continue today! When I visit France, I always stay with one of my French friends and their families! They truly have become life-long friends and their family members are real extensions to my own family! The majority of my visits to France are in the Paris region, but I also enjoy spending time in Normandy, Lyon, and the French Riveria! With my host families, I was also able to tour other cities of Europe including Madrid (Spain), Rome and Venice (Italy), London (England), Brugges and Brussels (Belgium), and Lausanne (Switzerland).
Do you know any other languages?
I took Spanish in high school and college - and was excited to use it while in Madrid! I've always wanted to learn Italian.. maybe some day ;)