It seems like distant history, but in fact it was not that long ago that our official website was once a single page created by one of our high school classes. As I recall, it had the school's address, a one-sentence welcome message, and a few typos. There were no menus, nothing to click, just that one page.
Since then we've updated the website two other times, making this revision the 4th iteration of our school's website. Welcome to Woods website 4.0.
We are always trying to think of the best ways to communicate with our families and to tell the story of Woods to folks interested in the school, whether they be prospective families or teacher applicants. I know well that a new website does not solve all of our communication challenges, but it is an important tool in the tool chest.
Some strengths of this new website:
- It's responsive, which is to say it adapts instinctively to the screen size of the device you're using to access it whether that be your phone, tablet, or laptop.
- It's easy to change and update from our side. Our old website was "existing" tenuously on an old, unsupported platform. To make modifications often felt like jumping back to the 1980s in terms of the website interface.
- It's a crisper, less cluttered design with updated photography.
- It includes our facebook and twitter feeds at the bottom of the home page.
- It has an app version that will be available in the coming weeks.
We hope you enjoy the new website, and we hope it helps you stay more closely attuned to all that's taking place at Woods.