What does the PTSA do?
The PTSA is dedicated to improving the educational quality and experiences of the entire Woods family. By raising money throughout the year the PTSA is able to provide support to enhance all aspects of Woods life - academics, facilities, extracurricular activities and family events. If you have a student at Woods, they are benefiting from PTSA volunteers and funding!
Where does the money go?
The PTSA funds large and small requests throughout the school year. PTSA funds are instrumental in supplementing the school budget and providing much needed supplies and opportunities for students and teachers.
Examples of PTSA contributions to the school:
- Over $15,000 towards new technology
- Annual budgets for every teacher
- Teacher appreciation events
- Pianos for the music department
- Projection equipment for each classroom
- Funds & administers the school lunch program
- Bleachers (used for assemblies, events, and athletics)
- Funds for art & music supplies
- Support athletic programs, academic clubs at Woods
- Science Olympiad
- Funding for Woods families in need
- Art in the Woods
What fundraising does the PTSA do?
Our goal is to have fewer, more impactful fundraising efforts. PTSA fundraising programs provide over $40,000 to the school each year.
Our main efforts include:
- PTSA Membership - please join!
- Shop & Earn program
- Lunch program
- Box Tops collection
- Elementary School Read-a-Thon
What about meetings?
The PTSA holds bi-monthly meetings to discuss important topics such as events or plans for how funds will be allocated. The meetings are open to all PTSA members and include faculty and student representatives. PTSA meetings are typically held on the 2nd Thursday of every other month. All parents, staff and students are encouraged to attend. All meetings will be held in THE GLADE. Attending meetings helps you to stay connected with the efforts and activities of the PTSA and may be counted towards your volunteer time for the school.
How can I get involved?
Getting involved with the PTSA is an excellent opportunity to give back to the school. You can participate on committees, lend ideas at meetings, become an officer, and/or support fundraising activities. The time you contribute will be returned ten-fold to the school and you. The impact to the school is tremendous.
Current PTSA committees/programs:
- Faculty & Staff Appreciation
- Shop & Earn
- Book Fair
- Speaker Series
- Box Tops & Labels for Education
- PTSA leadership
- Lunch/A la Carte Program
- Welcome Back -Parents Social
- Membership & Involvement
If you were unable to join at Orientation, please download and fill out this form and return it to your student's homeroom/advisory teacher.